EnviroTech Exterminating is proud to offer a Mosquito Control Program. This program is designed to assist in controlling Mosquito populations/reduction for our clients. Get Your Yard Back!
Mosquito Control Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Jenks. Perfect for Weddings, Parties, Family Reunions, More! Call (918) 282-7621
Mosquitoes are a nuisance and health hazard. These pests are known vectors of disease meaning they harbor disease causing organisms and viruses. Disease such as Dengue, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever, and Zika virus are the common ones we hear about every year. The mosquito most commonly associated with disease is the Aedes mosquito. The Aedes mosquitoes are hard to control because they lay eggs in very small breeding sites and so many have become resistant to a wide variety of pesticides.
It has become common to hear about West Nile during summer and early fall on the news. Tulsa and the metro Broken Arrow area has been hit recently by mosquitoes carrying this dreaded disease and numerous Oklahoman’s die each and every year because of these pets. No amount of treatment, spraying can 100% control these pests but regular service can reduce the population thus reducing the risk.
Mosquitoes & West Nile Virus
West Nile Virus is a type of encephalitis virus that can be transmitted by being bitten by a mosquito infected with the virus. To help reduce your chance of being bitten by a mosquito carrying West Nile Virus, take the following precautions:
Tips To Reduce Mosquito Disease Transmission
- Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts when outdoors.
- Use insect repellent containing DEET.
- Eliminate sources of standing water where mosquitoes can breed.
- Keep grass, weeds and other shrubbery trimmed.
- Avoid being outdoors in the early evening, dusk or dawn, when mosquitoes are most active.
You can help control mosquito populations too, by removing sources of standing water that mosquitoes require to breed.
Reduce mosquito populations near you
- Dispose of tin cans, old tires, bottles, jars, buckets, drums, ceramic pots, and other containers, or make sure they contain no standing water.
- Clean clogged gutters and/or slope to downspouts.
- Drain improperly installed and sagging swimming pool covers.
- Change the water in birdbaths at least twice weekly.
- Clean and chlorinate swimming pools, outdoor spas, saunas, and hot tubs. If not in use, keep them empty and covered.
- Change water and scrub containers/vases holding plants twice weekly.
- Empty your pet’s water pan daily.
- Repair leaky pipes and faucets.
- Screen rain barrels and openings to water tanks.
- Eliminate weeds, tall grass and other mosquito breeding places.
- Use larvicide where standing water cannot be removed or fill holes.
- Stock ornamental ponds with mosquito-eating fish.
- Remind neighbors to eliminate breeding sites on their property.
- Make sure doors and windows have tight-fitting screens in good repair.
Special Event Mosquito Control
EnviroTech Exterminating offers a wide range of Pest Control Services. Our one time mosquito service is perfect for that special event. This service is designed to help reduce mosquito populations in a given area so you and guests are comfortable when it counts. It’s the perfect service for gatherings, weddings, family reunions or any other outdoor activity. Make sure to schedule in advance of the special event/activity so our service is most effective when it counts!
For Mosquito Services in Broken Arrow, Bixby, Coweta, Jenks and metro Tulsa call (918) 282-7621 Today!